Mental Health Services
The mental health services at Joondalup Health Campus (JHC) provide a comprehensive assessment and treatment service for patients experiencing mental illness. For patients requiring inpatient admission, our mental health facility provides acute inpatient care for public patients in a comfortable environment. In addition, the ante natal clinic and obstetric service offers screening and psychiatric support to expectant and new mothers.
The Mental Health Unit (MHU) offers a range of services based on holistic and multi-disciplinary approach to patient treatment including
- Dedicated teams including psychiatry, psychology, social work and nursing
- Provision of an active therapy program which includes the Drumbeat program, art therapy and exercise groups
- Recovery focused therapies including mindfulness, emotional regulation and relationship development
- Inclusion of families and carers in treatment and discharge planning including family friendly meeting areas
- Physical health screening
- Support with discharge planning
- In reach drug and alcohol service
- Collaborative links with community mental health teams and other services to ensure seamless support on discharge
- Encouragement and assistance for patients to access other hospital services where required
Access to JHC mental health services can be via the Emergency Department or by direct referral to the MHU from GPs, local community mental health teams and other mental health professionals. The MHU offers admission to patients between the ages of 18- 65 who live in the City of Wanneroo and City of Joondalup. Our team can also facilitate referrals to other hospitals as required.
If you feel you may need help with diagnosis or treatment of a mental health condition, we can enable you to take steps towards improving your mental wellbeing.
Mental Health Unit Visiting hours
Open ward - Please ask your friends and family to visit between 3.30pm and 9pm on weekdays and between 9am and 9pm on weekends.
It is requested that visits do not take place outside of these times unless you have previously arranged otherwise with the Clinical Nurse Coordinator.
Secure ward - The unit provides a family visiting area adjacent to the ward and visiting is welcomed from 9.00am to 9.00pm.
Please avoid visiting your relative during the following meal times:
||7.30am – 9.00am
||12.30pm – 1.30pm
||6.00pm – 6.30pm