Patient Equipment Centre
Joondalup Health Campus (JHC) provides a patient equipment service to public inpatients to assist with mobility or to support participation in resuming activities of daily living (ADL). A range of basic and essential equipment is available for use at home after discharge from hospital.
This service is available for conditions directly related to the current episode of care and extends to current hospital inpatients, people attending Day Therapy, and people treated in the JHC Emergency Department (ED). Equipment must be assessed for, and prescribed, by an occupational therapist or physiotherapist.
There is no cost for public inpatients or Day Therapy patients to access patient equipment; however items will only be prescribed if patients have a clinical need and meet the eligibility criteria.
Prescribed equipment must be collected from our Patient Equipment Centre (PEC). Unfortunately, we do not offer a delivery or collection service. Patient equipment loan periods vary depending on individual circumstances up to a maximum period of 12 weeks.
Our Patient Equipment Centre is located at the ground floor of the ‘A’ Block near the JHC Public Hospital Main Entrance. For equipment collections or returns please follow the directions below:
- Enter the grounds of the hospital from Shenton Avenue and take the first exit left at the roundabout and head toward the main public hospital entrance.
- Parking is available in Public Car Park P1 however there is a delivery/collection bay at the left side of the turning circle outside the public entrance.
- Please observe the ‘no stopping’ signage and please do not park in the ambulance bay.
- Patient Equipment Centre (PEC) is situated close to the roundabout. Entry is via an automatic door located outside of the PEC.
- For large items/multiple collections please contact the Patient Equipment Centre one hour before collecting to make sure your equipment is available and ready.
At the end of the loan period, patients are required to return the equipment to our Patient Equipment Centre. Returned equipment must be clean and in good working order.
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 4.00pm (closed Saturday/Sunday/Public holidays)
Contact details: 08 9400 9489