Trauma Clinic (Orthopaedic)
Located on-site at Joondalup Health Campus (JHC), the Trauma Clinic reviews public patients with acute orthopaedic injuries who have been referred from either the Emergency Department or the JHC After Hours GP Clinic.
Who can be referred:
- Patients who have attended the JHC Emergency Department or After Hours GP Clinic.
- This service is for JHC referred patients only. The Trauma Clinic is not able to accept referrals from other hospitals or from GPs in the community.
- Assessment is undertaken by an orthopaedic registrar and orthopaedic nurse
- Orthopaedic care
- CAM walker boots
- Richards splints
- Knee hinge braces.
Costs of clinic appointment:
- This is a public clinic with no charge for the consultation, assessment or for medical consumables for patients with a valid Medicare card.
- Patients who do not have a valid Medicare will be charged for the consultation plus any medical consumable items supplied.
What to bring to appointment:
- Patients are requested to bring any relevant x-rays or results from scans.
- Valid Medicare card.
Suite 109, Specialist Medical Centre (West)
Joondalup Health Campus
Cnr Grand Blvd & Shenton Ave
JOONDALUP WA 6027
Hours of operation:
Monday and Wednesday: 9.00am - 3.30pm
Tuesday and Thursday: 8.30am - 3.30pm
Telephone: (08) 9400 9940
Fax: (08) 9400 9745
Please note that during the times the clinic is operating all telephone calls will be forwarded to an answering service. Please leave a message and a staff member will return your call as soon as possible.