Aboriginal Liaison Service
The Joondalup Health Campus Aboriginal Liaison Officer (ALO) team are located onsite at Joondalup Health Campus. They provide cultural support to inpatients who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
Our ALO team:
- Provide social and cultural support to Aboriginal patients and their families/ carers
- Support communication with healthcare teams
- Advocate on behalf of patients and carers
- Provide information on resources available in the community
- Assist with making referrals to out-patient services and community follow up
- Work alongside the multidisciplinary team to assist with discharge planning
Currently our ALO team members are available Monday to Friday 8.00am – 4pm. Direct referrals can be made via 9400 9485.