On behalf of all the staff at Joondalup Health Campus (JHC), I am pleased to welcome you to our website.
At JHC we provide specialist services for the entire family from birth through to old age and the campus is comprised of a standalone 146-bed Joondalup Private Hospital and a co-located hospital that provides public patient services. JHC is managed by Australia’s largest private hospital operator, Ramsay Health Care, under a long-standing public-private partnership agreement with the State Government.
Caring for both public and private patients and with a total of 722 licensed beds and bays, JHC is one of the largest hospitals in Western Australia, treating more than 72,000 inpatients annually.
At JHC we are committed to continuing to grow with our community to provide excellent health care as the major hospital for Perth’s northern corridor, which is one of the fastest growing regions of Australia.
We are excited to have underway the JHC Development Stage 2 project which will see a significant and much-welcomed redevelopment of the campus.
With $256.7 million committed to the expansion project from the State and Commonwealth Governments, the outcome will see JHC gain:
- A new 102 bed mental health building (47 existing beds, 30 new beds and 25 shelled beds to meet future demand)
- 12 emergency department (ED) bays
- 30 medical/surgical inpatient beds and an additional 60 shelled beds to meet future demand (90 beds)
- 6 new coronary care beds
- 1 theatre
- 1 Cardiac Catheterisation Laboratory (Cath Lab)
- 1 specialised urgent care clinic, to operate as a Behavioural Assessment Urgent Care Clinic
- Increased parking bays for public and staff
- Upgrades to associated services (including Central Energy Plant).
Work is already underway on the new 12-bay area within the ED that will also increase the hospital’s capability to safely manage patients with infectious diseases, including COVID-19.
Construction is also taking place to expand the capacity of the staff multi-storey car park by an additional 215 parking bays, which is due for completion by the end of this year.
It is anticipated that the entire build for the JHC Development Stage 2 project will be completed by early 2025.
While the expansion takes place, we remain dedicated to providing high quality health care.
Our clinical performance continues to excel with the strong focus we place on patient-centred, team-based care and having clinicians who are truly engaged and committed to continuous improvement.
Some of the current features of the campus include:
- A comprehensive ED, with a dedicated paediatric area, caring for more than 100,000 people who present at the ED each year.
- A 10-bed Mental Health Observation Area (MHOA), within the ED area, which allows for some extra capacity in the ED and importantly, enables more appropriate care of mental health patients.
- A modern theatre suite with 12 operating theatres, intensive care and high dependency units, a Coronary Catheter Laboratory and dedicated Day Procedure Unit.
- A purpose-built Mental Health Unit, which includes secure accommodation
- A 12-chaired Renal Unit that enables patients to undergo life-saving dialysis locally.
JHC offers a range of medical and surgical services, including maternity, neonatal and paediatric services and aged care and rehabilitation.
The hospital is also the statewide referral service for bariatric and peritonectomy surgeries.
Please explore our website for information about the facilities and services we are proud to offer at Joondalup Health Campus.
Dr Amanda Ling
Chief Executive Officer