On behalf of all the staff at Joondalup Health Campus (JHC), I am pleased to welcome you to our website.
At JHC we provide specialist services for the entire family from birth through to old age and the campus is comprised of a standalone 146-bed Joondalup Private Hospital and a co-located hospital that provides public patient services. JHC is managed by Australia’s largest private hospital operator, Ramsay Health Care, under a long-standing public-private partnership agreement with the State Government.
Caring for both public and private patients and with a total of 722 licensed beds and bays, JHC is one of the largest hospitals in Western Australia, treating more than 72,000 inpatients annually.
At JHC we are committed to continuing to grow with our community to provide excellent health care as the major hospital for Perth’s northern corridor, which is one of the fastest growing regions of Australia.
We are excited to have underway the JHC Development Stage 2 project which will see a significant and much-welcomed redevelopment of the campus.
With $256.7 million committed to the expansion project from the State and Commonwealth Governments, the outcome will see JHC gain:
- a new 102 bed Mental Health Unit (30 additional beds, 25 shelled beds to meet future demand and 47 replacement beds)
- 12 new Emergency Department (ED) beds (comprising 10 bays and two isolation rooms)
- one specialised Behavioural Assessment Urgent Care Clinic (BAUCC) located within the expanded ED
- refurbishments to the Emergency Assessment Unit (EAU) located within the expanded ED
- a new 112-bed public ward block (30 bed medical/surgical inpatient ward, 16-bed Cardiac Care Unit (six additional and 10 relocated), 66 shelled beds to meet future demand, physiotherapy, administration and shelled space)
- one new theatre
- one new Cardiac Catheterisation Laboratory (Cath Lab) and relocation of the existing Cath Lab
- refurbished Discharge Lounge
- increased parking bays for staff and public
- upgraded staff facilities (staff rooms, change rooms and training areas)
- upgrades to associated services (including central energy plant, Sterilising Department, Biomedical Engineering and Stores).
It is anticipated that the entire build for the JHC Development Stage 2 project will be completed by early 2025.
While the expansion takes place, we remain dedicated to providing high quality health care.
Our clinical performance continues to excel with the strong focus we place on patient-centred, team-based care and having clinicians who are truly engaged and committed to continuous improvement.
Some of the current features of the campus include:
- A comprehensive ED, with a dedicated paediatric area, caring for more than 100,000 people who present at the ED each year.
- A 10-bed Mental Health Observation Area (MHOA), within the ED area, which allows for some extra capacity in the ED and importantly, enables more appropriate care of mental health patients.
- A modern theatre suite with 12 operating theatres, intensive care and high dependency units, a Coronary Catheter Laboratory and dedicated Day Procedure Unit.
- A purpose-built Mental Health Unit, which includes secure accommodation
- A 12-chaired Renal Unit that enables patients to undergo life-saving dialysis locally.
JHC offers a range of medical and surgical services, including maternity, neonatal and paediatric services and aged care and rehabilitation.
The hospital is also the statewide referral service for bariatric and peritonectomy surgeries.
Please explore our website for information about the facilities and services we are proud to offer at Joondalup Health Campus.
Dr Amanda Ling
Chief Executive Officer