The Companions of JHC provide assistance in many areas across Joondalup Heath Campus and Joondalup Private Hospital through the Volunteer Program which commenced in 2002. There are currently more than 50 active volunteers providing valuable service.
Volunteers engage in many different nonclinical activities across the hospital campus under the supervision of JHC staff, including:
- Visiting patients
- Trolley services – daily visits to all wards with two trolley services, a confectionary and emergency personal toiletry supply trolley, which also carries current magazines and newspapers: and a free book service trolley
- Conducting patient experience surveys with patients while they are still in hospital
- Administration tasks including binding and photocopying
- Refreshing hand sanitiser stations
- Assisting in various wards and clinics including the Antenatal Clinic and Oncology Unit.
If you are interested in being a volunteer or would like more information please call 9400 9400 and ask to speak to the Volunteer Coordinator