The Speech Pathology Department provides assessment, diagnosis and treatment of individuals with communication and swallowing impairments at both Joondalup Health Campus and Glengarry Private Hospital.
What do we do?
- Provide assessment and therapy services to patients with communication and swallowing impairments
- Conduct a videofluoroscopy clinic in conjunction with the onsite Radiology Department
- Supports students from Curtin and Edith Cowan Universities by offering student clinical placements
- Provides continual training and education to nurses, catering and environmental service staff
- Provide input to hospital policy and procedures related to communication and swallowing impairments
- Collaborate with the chefs and Dietetics staff to ensure that the hospital menu is modified to include options for patients with modified diet and fluid requirements secondary to dysphagia (swallowing difficulties).
Who is eligible for services?
- All inpatients (public and private)
- Day therapy patients (public outpatients over the age of 65)
- Private outpatients – adults
Hours of operation: 8.00am - 4.00pm Monday to Friday
Manager: Karen Mews
Telephone: (08) 9400 9460