Joondalup Health Campus (JHC) is the major hospital for Perth’s northern corridor – one of the fastest growing regions of Australia – and has specialist services for the entire family from pregnancy and birth through to old age.
Caring for both public and private patients and with a total of 722 licensed beds and bays, including the standalone 146-bed Joondalup Private Hospital, JHC is one of the largest hospitals in Western Australia. JHC is managed by Australia’s largest private hospital operator, Ramsay Health Care, under a long-standing public-private partnership agreement with the State Government.
Treating more than 73,000 inpatients annually, JHC offers a range of medical and surgical services, maternity services, neonatal and paediatric services, and aged care and rehabilitation. The hospital is also the statewide referral service for bariatric and peritonectomy surgeries. Services include:
At JHC we provide Resident Medical Officer cover 24 hours, 7 days a week, working in liaison with our Visiting Medical Officers to ensure we provide the best possible care. We also offer a complete range of diagnostic health care facilities on site, along with comprehensive pathology, radiology, pharmacy and allied health services.
Our Emergency Department (ED) is operated by qualified staff every hour, every day and includes a dedicated area for treating children. We have extensive critical care facilities including intensive care and coronary care units that are staffed by experienced teams of nurses and medical practitioners.
Full range of Allied Health services are available at JHC, including; dietetics, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, social work and speech pathology. Other on-site facilities and services also include:
- A modern operating suite comprising 12 theatres
- 9-bed Intensive Care Unit
- 6-bed High Dependency Unit
- 10-bed Coronary Care Unit
- Level 2b Neonatal Unit with 16 cots
- 10-bed Mental Health Observation Area adjacent to the ED
- Purpose-built Mental Health Unit, including secure accommodation
- 37-bed Telethon Children’s Ward
- Dedicated Day Surgery unit and two Endoscopy suites
- Purpose-built restorative and Day Therapy Unit
- 12-chaired Renal Dialysis service
- Pastoral Care services
- After Hours GP Clinic
- Nuclear Medicine
- On-site 24-hour medical imaging (radiology) and pathology services
- Gymnasium and hydrotherapy pool
- On-site pharmacy
- Central Sterile Supply Department