The Companions of JHC provide assistance in many areas across Joondalup Heath Campus and Joondalup Private Hospital through the Volunteer Program which commenced in 2002. There are currently more than 50 active volunteers providing valuable service.
Volunteers engage in many different activities across the hospital campus, including:
- Visiting patients
- Trolley services – daily visits to all wards with two trolley services, a confectionary and emergency personal toiletry supply trolley, which also carries current magazines and newspapers; and a free book service trolley
- Conducting patient experience surveys with patients while they are still in hospital
- Administration tasks including binding and photocopying
- Refreshing hand sanitiser stations
- Assisting in various wards and clinics including the Antenatal Clinic and Oncology Unit.
All our volunteers are required to have a current National Police Certificate, a Working with Children Clearance and an interview.
Joondalup Health Campus is currently not recruiting for volunteers. When any volunteer vacancies become available a notice will be placed onto the Amazing Careers website: www.amazingcareers.com.au.