$96 million funding boost announced at JHC
Dec 16, 2019
Deputy Premier and Minister for Health Roger Cook visited Joondalup Health Campus on Saturday 14 December to announce additional funding for the expansion of the hospital.
The Minister visited Ward D0 to make the announcement and said the McGowan Government was committing an extra $96 million to the development of JHC, which would include:
- 30 new mental health inpatient beds
- 12 additional Emergency Department patient bays
- An Urgent Care Clinic to treat drug and alcohol affected ED patients
- 90 inpatient beds in a design to meet future demand
- 6 new critical care beds
- 362 new parking bays for members of the public and staff
- 2 new operating theatres, one of which is a cardiac catheter laboratory
This brings the estimated total cost of the expansion project to $256.7 million – including $158 million of Federal funding.
Work on the expanded staff car park and Emergency Department will commence first with Expression of Interest to pre-select builders will take place in January and construction is due to begin mid next year.
A Heads of Agreement has been signed between Ramsay Health Care and the McGowan Government for the project, with the entire build expected to be complete by July 2025.