Located in the Wanneroo Wing, the 25 bed rehabilitation ward (L0) offers single room accommodation with ensuite facilities and includes access to both private courtyards and communal gardens. We actively encourage our patients to socialise daily and make use of the communal lounge and dining area.
Services provided on the rehabilitation ward include assessment, diagnosis, treatment and support for elderly patients and those experiencing functional decline following an illness or surgery. We take an active preventative approach to ensure our patients are assessed for their risk of falls, pressure injuries and blood clots during their stay in hospital.
Care is coordinated by the Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) comprising doctors, nurses and allied health professionals (physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists, dieticians and social workers).
The MDT adopts a collaborative approach, assisting patients to regain their independence and facilitate transition from hospital to community. They work closely with patients and carers/family to ensure appropriate assessment and goal setting takes place to achieve their optimum level of independence.
- Inpatient rehabilitation
- Multi-disciplinary holistic care
- Falls prevention education and minimisation strategies
- Home assessment by occupational therapist if required
- Prescription and advice about home equipment and mobility aids
- Coordination of community support services
- Carer support and education
- Pet therapy
Following discharge, patients may be referred to the Outpatient Day Therapy Unit.
Specialist Clinics include
- Falls, Balance and Mobility
- Memory Clinic
- Osteoporosis Clinic
- General Rehabilitation and Medicine
- Parkinson’s Support Group