Among the key features of the JHC Development Stage 2 project are:
- a new 102 bed Mental Health Unit (30 additional beds, 25 shelled beds to meet future demand and 47 replacement beds)
- 12 new Emergency Department (ED) beds (comprising 10 bays and two isolation rooms)
- one specialised Behavioural Assessment Urgent Care Clinic (BAUCC) located within the expanded ED
- refurbishments to the Emergency Assessment Unit (EAU) located within the expanded ED
- a new 112-bed public ward block (30 bed medical/surgical inpatient ward, 16-bed Cardiac Care Unit (six additional and 10 relocated), 66 shelled beds to meet future demand, physiotherapy, administration and shelled space)
- one new theatre
- one new Cardiac Catheterisation Laboratory (Cath Lab) and relocation of the existing Cath Lab
- refurbished Discharge Lounge
- increased parking bays for staff and public
- upgraded staff facilities (staff rooms, change rooms and training areas)
- upgrades to associated services (including central energy plant, Sterilising Department, Biomedical Engineering and Stores).
It is anticipated that the entire build for the JHC Development Stage 2 project will be completed in early 2025.
indicative image only