Among the key features of the JHC Development Stage 2 project are:
- 102 bed mental health building (47 existing beds, 30 new beds and 25 shelled beds to meet future demand)
- 12 emergency department bays
- 30 medical/surgical inpatient beds and an additional 60 shelled beds to meet future demand (90 beds)
- six new coronary care beds
- one theatre
- one Cardiac Catheterisation Laboratory (Cath Lab)
- one specialised urgent care clinic, to operate as a Behavioural Assessment Urgent Care Clinic
- Increased parking bays for public and staff
- Upgrades to associated services (including Central Energy Plant).
It is anticipated that the entire build for the JHC Development Stage 2 project will be completed in early 2025.
indicative image only